These are crazy times we're living in. Within a matter of weeks, our lives have been turned upside down as we are propelled into unexpected new territory. As the dust starts to settle on Canada, and the world, after COVID-19 started to strike hard, we are faced with uncertain times ahead both financially and emotionally.
While our dogs may be enjoying their humans being home more than usual, many owners are starting to see unwanted behaviors developing and dogs suffering from a lack of proper socialization throughout lockdown. In order to help owners stay pro-active in their training while respecting stay-at-home orders and social distancing protocols, East Coast Canine Dog Training has developed 4 new, fun, interactive online courses for a variety of issues!
Our online courses (typically 4 weeks long) are shorter than traditional group classes, with multiple sessions each week allowing you to make the most of your time with your trainer! Each session is only 30 minutes long, allowing owners to fit training in around busy schedules and homeschooling. We provide new skills each week, with plenty of information and assistance to help you tackle any problem behaviors you're experiencing with your dog. Your new network of like-minded dog owners will be there for you every step of the way to celebrate the highs and guide you through the lows - our courses are designed to provide easy-to-follow steps in digestible chunks to help you get back on top of your training in these trying times.
All of our online courses include:
- Two 30 min live Zoom sessions per week with your training group, hosted by certified dog trainer and behavior consultant, Sarita Pellowe (CBCC-KA CPDT-KA)
- Weekly live Q&A sessions to address training questions and provide group support amongst classmates
- One-one coaching with your certified trainer with weekly video review sessions
- Access to exclusive Facebook support group and member content
We will be offering the following 4 week online courses:
- Learn basic commands (Sit, Down, Stand, Stay, Come) along with loose leash walking and an introduction to essential life skills like impulse control, proper greetings and working around distractions.
Happier Home Program
- Tackle common household issues such as jumping on guests, settling around company, countersurfing and barking, and learn how to desensitize your dog to loud noises (fireworks etc)
- Learn how to safely socialize your puppy (even during lockdown) and introduce them to essential life skills and commands to nurture a happy, healthy puppy. Your certified trainer will guide you through all the crucial points of puppy hood, with plenty of opportunity to troubleshoot any issues you're experiencing with your puppy at home.
Leash Reactivity and Aggression
- A virtual classroom combined with social distancing requirements provides the perfect opportunity to work on leash reactivity and aggression with our dogs. Now is a great time to get on top of your training so you can enjoy summer walks with your dog! This course combines behavior modification with essential skills to reactive dogs, whether they need to learn to focus because they are over-excited or over-stimulated, or they are fear reactive towards dogs, people or children on leash.
Now is the perfect time to get ahead in your training game - if you're looking for more information, or would like to sign up for online training, contact Sarita at firstname.lastname@example.org or check us out at www.eastcoastcanine.ca
We can't wait to see you on Zoom!